Star of the North Regatta/Nightcrawler
Register by Wednesday midnight (or pay more)
By Carmella Foster
The Star of the North is a 2-day regatta, held annually at Wayzata Yacht Club, featuring one-design racing for Capri 25s, Sonars, and S2 7.9s. Skipper meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. First race starts at 10:00 a.m. both days. The goal is to have 4 races on Saturday and 2 races on Sunday. No race on Sunday will begin after 12:30.
Dates: September 6-7, 2014
Location and Hosted by: Wayzata Yacht Club
Regatta registration: $75 until midnight September 3, $100 after that. Registration includes the following:
- 2 days of racing
- 4 Mount Gay red caps per boat
- Continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Onshore Sunday lunch.
Not included in Registration:
- Saturday lunch is on-the-water and is not provided, but lunches can be purchased in advance until midnight Wednesday.
- Saturday night combined regatta party and Nightcrawler.
To register, go to the event website , or email Carmella Foster
The Star of the North party will be combined with the scheduled Nightcrawler.
- Dinner: Paella by Mike Jagielski
- Live Music: Simon Jacques
- Beverages: Mount Gay rum bar and beer.
- $10 until midnight Wednesday, $15 after that.
- To purchase tickets, go to the event website , or email Carmella Foster
Registration and More Information
Go to the website , or email Carmella Foster for event details, regatta registration, and to purchase lunches, Nightcrawler tickets, and regatta shirts.